Switch matrices are being modularly designed which allows the end customer to order a variety of 8 x 8 or 8 x 16 configurations with only minor factory board level modifications. The switch matrix has been designed using latching relays so that the signal path integrity can be maintained even during power outages or loss of IEEE-488, RS-232 and/or Ethernet control. These subsystems can be delivered either as a 50 or 75 ohm system.
In Aeroflex / Weinschel's standard design approach, our designers use a highly adaptable platform that allows a dense integration of switches. The switch matrix chassis contains:
- Sixteen, 8x1 switch modules and eight, 16x1 modules designs.
- Modular Design allows easily exchange of front and rear panel switches, controllers or power modules.
- IEEE-488, Serial or Ethernet (SNMP option) Interface for computer control.
- Switch Matrix System firmware can be controlled through a 10 Base T TCP/IP software link as well as field level software upgrades or maintenance will be available through a TCP/IP link.
- Customer defined configurations, layout and packaging.
Other microwave switch matrix products and subsystems can be designed for Satellite Earth Stations, Uplink/Downlink Routing, Cellular Base Stations, Metrology, L-Band Intermediate and Frequency Routing. Examples can include:
- Operates over the dc-2200 MHz frequency range.
- Ethernet SNMP Control.
- Configuration: 8x8 or 8x16 blocking matrix.
- TNC Female Connectors: 8 Front & 16 Back panel.
- Electromechanical Switch Design.
- 50 and 75 ohm Configurations.
- Modular Design and Layout.