Multi-Channel Attenuation Subsystems
liWhether the application is an individual attenuation module for satellites or complex matrix /channel configurations for cellular base station testing and operation, Aeroflex / Weinschel's SmartStep design approach offers a versatile but simple method of creating and packaging fixed, solid-state and/or mechanical (relay) attenuators into customer specified modules and subsystems.
Advanced attenuation/switching schemes can be designed using other components such as switches, combiners/dividers/splitters and directional couplers. Our designers use the advanced SmartStep Interface firmware to create virtual devices with attenuation ranges up to 127 dB with resolutions of 0.25 dB that can operate over the dc-26.5 GHz frequency band. Other designs can include:
- Complex Matrix/Channel Configurations.
- Custom Mechanical Design & Layout.
- IEEE-488, Serial or Ethernet (SNMP option) Interface for computer control.
- Wide dynamic range & frequency range options available.
- Solid-State (GaAs FET & PIN) designs available.
- Customer specialized testing and calibration can also be supplied.
This application illustrates Weinschels ability to house and control a large number of solid-state programmable attenuators and power combiners creating a complex multichannel attenuator subsystems. Other features include:
- 800 - 2,200 MHz frequency range.
- 6 front panel Input channels to 8 rear panel Output Channels.
- Wide Dynamic Range: 95 in 1 dB steps.
- RS-232 Serial Interface.
- Combiner Isolation 20 dB maximum.
- Designed to customer specified packaging requirements.
- 64 Weinschel SmartStep Solid-State Programmable Attenuators.
- Removable mounting brackets that can be located on either end of unit, can be mounted into racks or cabinets designed per EIA RS-310 or MIL-STD-189.