Cable Modem Test Sets
As cable modems become more readily available so does the need to calibrate and test their operational performance. Aeroflex / Weinschel's cable modem testing solution starts with the design and manufacturing of 75 ohm subsystems that offer:
- Multi-channel inputs and outputs with front or rear panel connector mounting options.
- Operation over the dc to 1 GHz frequency range
- IEEE-488, Serial or Ethernet (SNMP option) Interface for computer control
- Wide dynamic range by employing Attenuator / Weinschel SmartStep Attenuators
- Custom Mechanical Design & Layout
Example subsystems have included:
- 800-1900 MHz frequency range
- 8 Input Channels to 1 Output Channel
- IEEE-488 Interface
- Standard BNC Connectors
- Wide Dynamic Range: 63/1 dB steps, 75 ohm
- Aeroflex / Weinschel 3250T Programmable Attenuators
For convenience, Aeroflex / Weinschel also offers standard 75 ohm attenuator units (8310-1-X) that operates over the dc-1 GHz frequency range and provides an adjustable attenuation range of 0-63 dB in 1 dB steps.